The 2020 Honda CRF450 Works Edition.
Price: $ 11,999
Availability: August 2019
2020 Honda CRF450 WE
Following a successful debut year in which it quickly caught the eye of performance-hungry enthusiasts who demand the absolute best, the CRF450RWE (“Works Edition”) gets even better for 2020, with updates based on the machines in the Team Honda HRC factory race shop. Already a dominant force when it comes to lap times, this exclusive model now features a full titanium Yoshimura exhaust system, as a lightweight Ti header(the first of its kind on a Honda motocross model) joins the titanium Yosh muffler, all specifically designed to work with the model’s hand-polished ports. Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), developed through HRC’s worldwide racing effort, now comes standard, enabling three levels of intervention via a handlebar-mounted switch, and a new battery position lowers the machine’s center of gravity. Rounding out the changes are internal suspension updates, improved rear brake-pad performance and durability, new dual-compound Renthal grips and graphic updates.
2020 CRF450 Works Edition Updates
- Titanium Yoshimura header pipe for reduced weight and increased power.
- All-new Honda Selectable Torque Control with three levels of intervention. HSTC monitors rpm spikes and responds by temporarily reducing torque to aid rear traction. A handlebar-mounted switch allows selection between three modes, depending on conditions and rider preference.
- Revised mapping for riding modes in Standard, Smooth and Aggressive options, selectable via a separate handlebar-mounted switch, enables simple tuning depending on rider preference or course conditions.
- Revised internal fork and shock settings for improved chassis balance and overall handling.
- Battery position lowered by 28mm moves center of gravity downward to further improve chassis balance and handling.
- New rear brake-pad material for improved performance and increased durability.
- Elimination of lower rear brake-rotor guard, to improve heat dissipation and reduce unsprung weight.
- Renthal dual-compound Kevlar grips
- Red-plastic number plates to match look of Team Honda HRC factory bikes.
- Updated Throttle Jockey graphics to match look of Team Honda HRC factory bikes, with abbreviated side-panel pieces for improved durability.
- 449cc single-cylinder engine with Unicam cylinder head, downdraft intake tract, electronic fuel injection and electric start offers unparalleled “Absolute Holeshot” performance.
- Unique cylinder head with factory hand-polished ports improves torque feeling from low- to midrange, especially between 5,000 and 6,000 rpm, for even quicker lap times.
- ECU settings optimize performance advantages of the Yoshimura exhaust and cylinder-head.
- Selectable HRC launch control provides a steady stream of torque for excellent performance on race starts.
- Electric starter, powered by a lightweight lithium-ion battery.
- Shift sensor allows a dedicated ignition map for each gear, enabling optimum running.
- Kashima fork-tube coating reduces friction and improves handling performance. Developed by Miyaki Company of Japan, Kashima coating is a special treatment for hard-anodized finishes that fills the micro-pores on the surface of hard-anodized aluminum for better lubrication and reduced stiction.
- Titanium nitride coating on fork legs enhances suspension feel.
- Shock shaft processed with Super Finisher and coated with titanium nitride for superior performance.
- Twin-spar aluminum frame engineered for great traction and cornering feel, and to minimize weight.
- Chassis layout allows heavier components to be located as centrally and low as possible for nimble handling and feel.
- Front-brake caliper uses a pair of pistons (30mm and 27mm) for optimal braking performance on a 260mm rotor with a petal pattern to best dissipate heat.
- Showa® shock and 49mm coil-spring fork.
- Front brake hose resists expansion for precise, consistent braking feel.
- Top triple clamp has two handlebar-clamp locations for moving the handlebar back and forth by 26mm. With reversible handlebar clamp enabling an additional 10mm of adjustment from the base position, there are a total of four different handlebar positions.
- Black Renthal® Fatbar® handlebar encourages active riding position, while also contributing to light steering feel.
- Footpegs shed mud and give the rider great feel and confidence in all riding conditions.
- Lightweight, compact 1.66 gallon titanium fuel tank keeps weight to a minimum.
- Strong D.I.D LT-X rims with special laser-engraved logo.
- High-performance gold RK chain.
- Throttle Jockey factory Team Honda HRC seat cover for enhanced grip during acceleration.
- Top and bottom triple clamps in black complement high-end look.
- Minimization of lines and gaps in the plastic panels results in a smooth surface, facilitating riding-position changes.
- Available only through Honda dealers, Dunlop Geomax MX3S tires provide superior bump absorption and excellent grip.
|2020 HONDA CRF450 WE SPECIFICATIONS|
|Type||449.7cc liquid-cooled 10º single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Valve Train||Unicam® OHC, four-valve; 38mm intake, titanium; 31mm exhaust|
|Bore x Stroke||96.0mm x 62.1mm|
|Induction||Programmed fuel-injection system (PGM-FI); 46mm throttle bore|
|Starter||Push-button electric starter|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed return; manual|
|Clutch||Multiplate wet (6 springs)|
|Final Drive||#520 RK gold chain; 13T/49T|
|Front||49mm fully adjustable leading-axle inverted telescopic Showa coil spring fork; Kashima coating on fork tubes, titanium-nitride|
|Rear||Pro-Link system; fully adjustable Showa single shock; titanium|
|Front||2-piston caliper (30mm, 27mm) hydraulic; single 260mm disc|
|Rear||1-piston caliper hydraulic; single 240mm disc|
|Front||Dunlop Geomax MX3S 80/100-21 w/ tube|
|Rear||Dunlop Geomax MX3S 120/80-19 w/ tube|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||27°22?|
|Trail||116mm (4.6 in.)|
|Ground Clearance||12.9 in.|
|Seat Height||37.8 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||1.66 gal.|
|Curb Weight*||247 lbs.|
|*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel?ready to rideSpecifications subject to change|