Husqvarna Motorcycles has announced its new EE 5, electric engine Minicycle, is anticipated to arrive in Australia mid fourth quarter of this year. Price is still to be announced.
Set to rival any 50cc fuel-powered motorcycle, the quick-charging EE 5 combines the latest high-quality componentry with bodywork specifically designed to give young riders an ergonomically effortless, all-electric riding experience.
The first ever electric model from Husqvarna Motorcycles, the EE 5 offers youngsters an environmentally friendly way to learn, compete and have fun. Easily adaptable, the ride height can be simply adjusted to keep pace with an improving or growing rider. Delivering two hours of riding enjoyment for beginners and 25 minutes for serious racers, the supplied charger takes just 70 minutes to fully charge the lithium-ion battery.
Featuring the latest suspension technology, the EE 5 is fitted with 35 mm WP XACT forks that offer 205 mm of travel and combined with a fully-adjustable WP rear shock ensure exceptional damping characteristics. A high-strength chromoly frame, hydraulically operated brakes, lightweight wheels, tapered NEKEN handlebars and striking graphics complete Husqvarna Motorcycles pioneering, all-new EE 5 machine.
EE 5 TECHNICAL HIGHLIGHTS
• State-of-the-art electric motor with 5 kW peak performance
• 6 different ride modes, easy to select
• 907 Wh lithium-ion battery
• Quick charging
• High-end chassis with race proven technology
• Modern, Swedish-inspired design
• Ergonomic bodywork and adjustable seat height
• WP suspension – XACT air fork and rear shock – for advanced performance and control