The MXGP of Trentino is a special one as it always attracts a large and electric public who can admire the beautiful track of Pietramurata surrounded by the stunning Dolomite Mountain Range while making themselves know with loud cheering throughout the whole racing weekend.
MXGP and MX2 will be joined this year by the supporting classes from the FIM Motocross European Championship EMX250 and the EMX125 presented by FMF. It will be the second round of the season for these categories.
In EMX250, Hutten Metaal Yamaha Racing Team’s Andrea Bonacorsi who won in great fashion in Sardinia with a 1-1 will come to Trentino full of confidence while in EMX125 Presented by FMF, 737 Performers GASGAS’s Mathis Valin will arrive this weekend for a back-to-back round after winning in Switzerland and leading the Championship.
In 2022, the MXGP of Trentino hosted the 5th round of the season and it would mark the 5th win of the season for Team HRC’s Tim Gajser with a perfect 1-1 in front of Monster Energy Yamaha Factory MXGP Team’s Maxime Renaux and Red Bul GASGAS Faticry Racing’s Jorge Prado.
This year, Trentino marks the 4th round of the season and is going to already be a very important back-to-back GP for riders like Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Jeffrey Herlings, Maxime Renaux and Kawasaki Racing Team’s Romain Febvre, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the Championship respectively to not let the leader Jorge Prado increasing his lead.
MXGP Championship Standings
1. Jorge Prado (ESP, GAS), 155 points;
2. Jeffrey Herlings (NED, KTM), 134 p.;
3. Maxime Renaux (FRA, YAM), 131 p.;
4. Romain Febvre (FRA, KAW), 129 p.;
5. Calvin Vlaanderen (NED, YAM), 101 p.;
MX2 Championship Standings
1. Jago Geerts (BEL, YAM), 159 points;
2. Thibault Benistant (FRA, YAM), 139 p.;
3. Kay de Wolf (NED, HUS), 136 p.;
4. Andrea Adamo (ITA, KTM), 131 p.;
5. Roan Van De Moosdijk (NED, HUS), 112 p.;v